Freitag, 5. August 2016

Nagoya

I made my way to Nagoya with my bike. It´s quite slow to move in Japan not using the Expressway.
The toll is exetremely expensive. The most excessive toll I should pay was 210 Yen for 200 meters. Which I didn´t pay. I just overtook the barrier and was swearing like a drunk irish seaman :-)
It was really over the top. Leaving the toll free highway, just to be forced to take a ticket on the exit of the Expressway and to pay 2010 Yen on the entry for the National road....I was sincerely ...pissed.
And this went on in Nagoya, The hotel was very expensive, the room extremely small, the window could only be opened for some inches and within an armstrech there was the wall of the next building. An upgrade would have been 4000 Yen a night, which would have added only a square metre...so I denied to pay, and was left with my emotions about the japanese cities and the effort to squeeze the most out of me!
The parking  of the bike wasn´t possible at the hotel parking, and I had to walk back some hundred meters from the public parking.
Again I wasn´t pleased. And my experiences went on like this. I booked a car for the further travel with Marianne, but the car navigation wasn´t multilingual as promised. So it was pretty much useless. Turning it off impossible.
The ordered smoking car wasn´t available, with the fals comment, that I ordered either smoking or non  smoking. Complaints were just ignored. Again I was pissed, as it´s very complicated to find a spot to enjoy a cigarette. Even an australian Gaijin complained about my cigarete when smoking outside a café, well he was an as...le anyway. He played Mr. importantant as soon as I showed up.
The coffe was somehow untasty and cost 700 Yen, Again the motto was to get the most out of the customer.
I wanted to get out of the city and find a place to relax...when finally Marianne arrived at the Nagoya airport.


In Nagoya we visited the Nagoya port aquarium. what a sad place for the imprisoned animals.
I went very sad immeatedly, when I saw the the over hundred years old turtles in an aquarium just as big as they were. Dolphins doing the same turns for hours like suffering from hospitalism, and the killer whale in a bassin just big enough to turn around at each end.
The north part was a bit more like an aquarium is expected, but in my hometown I like it better, because it´s done with a a little more understandimg and love for the needs of animals.
But that´s only my own impression and attitude towards imprisoned animals, and I still don´t understand why we do catch mamals...there is no need for it in my opinion.






We took some rest and moved on towards the north.
And ended up yesterday in a love hotel...actually a cheap place to stay, with weired items and videos in the room. But a huge bathroom and a very comfortable bed.
The booking is via TV and I had to translate everything with my phone.
The door will be locked remotely until you pay via air tube posting...very funny, except being locked up in your room, which took all my patience and mind control not to freak out and break the f...ng door.
The door will be opend only for check out, so when I picked up Marianne after checking the room I had to pay the minimum amount, and the next morning again the maximum amount of 5830 Yen, which is a quite cheap rate for a night in such a comfortable room, whrer we slept nice an cozy. We know now how to handle this for the next time. There was nothing creepy in this hotel and everything was really clean and spacious.
We liked the room with individual parking without extra fees.!
Our recommondation for an unplanned or late choice for accomodation.


In Matsumoto we visited the Matsumoto Castle, formerly owned by the rich Okugawa family.
It was supposed to be torn down, but two rich inhabitants of Matsumoto saved and preserved the castle and the gardens.
The castle itself is a six story building, of which one story is without windows, so it appeares to be just a 5 story building. That was to confuse possible attackers.
The era was already marked by the use of fire arms and only few bows and arrowas were used.
You could see the small defense windows, shaped square for firearms and shaped in a long pattern for the use of bows and arrows.
The interiour architecture was designed for the maximum possibility of movement by Samurais in full armour. This is not common in normal japanese houses.
Some actor are posing in the garden, and we took some shots of the most pittoresque ones.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen